Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Assists with traffic and parking patrol.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management.
- Assists with proactive loss prevention program.
May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma required. Must possess a valid NS license. Previous security, law enforcement experience or related field preferred. Must pass an psychological evaluation prior to and during employment. complete training that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton and TASER. Must successfully complete a minimum standards for unarmed security officers including background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing. Ability to obtain and maintain an Unarmed Guard license as required by the NS. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, in both oral and written form.
Compensation and Benefits
$5.50 – $6.00/hour
Employee benefits include paid vacation, holiday pay, retirement plan and legal assistance plans. We appreciate our employees and recognize them regularly with Security Officer of the Month & Quarter Awards, Longevity Awards, Birthday Cards.